Guam Behavioral Health and Wellness Center (GBHWC) is a Government of Guam Department, Funded through a combination of Federal and Local funds through appropriations and grants (competitive and formulary block grants).
§ 86101. Policy.
It is hereby declared to be the public policy of the territory of Guam, to provide comprehensive inpatient and community-based outpatient mental health, alcohol and drug programs and services for the people of Guam, and to continually strive to improve, enhance, and promote the physical and mental well-being of the people of Guam who experience the life-disrupting effects of mental illness, alcoholism and drug abuse or are at risk to suffer those effects and who need such assistance and; to provide such assistance in an efficient and effective manner in order to minimize community disruption and strengthen the quality of personal, family and community life.
It shall be the public policy of the government of Guam to encourage the development of privately-funded community based programs for mental health, drug and alcohol abuse, in particular those programs that employ qualified local residents. As those services become developed and/or available in the Territory, the government of Guam may gradually phase out of such operations.
- Crimes and Corrections 09GCA Chapter 80
- Guam Uniform Controlled Substances 09GCA Chapter 67
- Tobacco Control 11GCA Chapter 6
- Criminal Justice Substance Abuse Act 09GCA Chapter 88
- Health and Safety Mentally Ill Persons 10GCA Chapter 82
- Vehicle Penalties 10GCA Chapter 9
- Div. of Public Welfare 10GCA Chapter 2
- Health and Safety GBHWC 10GCA Chapter 86
- GBHWC List of Policies & Procedures
- Prevention and Treatment 19GCA Chapter 15
- Guam System of Care Council 10GCA Chapter 93
- Supreme Court of Guam 07GCA Chapter 3